Congratulations to all of the elementary and high school graduates in Ward 3. As you embark on this next phase of education or go off to new adventures in life, I hope you cultivate a deep sense of pride and worthiness with all that you do. I wish you a fun and safe summer break – and, don’t forget to check out the fun summer programming at our Recreation Centres and libraries.
- Barton Depave Project – Thank you to all the residents who helped transform the space outside the Barton Library, which looks absolutely beautiful now. If you haven’t yet, pop by to enjoy the renewed space.
- Encampment Protocol– Thank you for your input on the survey and at the in-person meeting at City Hall in June. As a City, we’re still trying to manage the ongoing housing, mental health and addiction crises. My office has been working directly with the Barton Village BIA, 541 Eatery and Helping Hands to best support the influx of unhoused residents who are now sheltering in tents at Woodlands Park. I understand and will continue to advocate at Council for the only real solution – supportive housing, while also landing on a new protocol to help meet the balance of needs we are facing together in our neighbourhoods.
- Wilson St & Sherman Ave– My office and the City’s transportation staff met with residents to review the roadway reconstruction and two-way conversion plan for Wilson St between Victoria and Sherman, as well as LRT enabling works on Sherman. If you have any questions about these works, please contact my office.
- Drinking Water Fountains– Round 2 of bottle filling, pet bowl and drinking water fountain units have been invested in for Belview, Birch, Birge, Bishops and Lifesavers Parks. All will be installed by summer 2024.
- Ward 3 Office Pop Ups are back! This is a chance to connect with my office in person so we can best support you regarding any municipal matter. We hosted the first one at The Oaks in June and the next one will be on July 13th from 9:30am to noon at Rooney’s Coffee Shop (724 Main St E)
- Tim Horton’s Field Good Neighbour’s Meeting: July 26, 6:30-8p at Tim Horton’s Field
To reach my office, please send an email to email@example.com or call us at 905-546-2702.
Yours in Community,
Councillor Nrinder Nann