Hey Kids! It is not too late to register for the Summer Reading Club. Come into the library to pick up your SRC activity book, tell us a bit about what you have read and earn ballots to win cool prizes from local businesses Parkette, The City & The City Books, and Tim Hortons. OR use your ballots for a chance to win one of our End of Summer Grand Prizes: a Kobo Nia plus a selection of books OR a Hamilton Conservation Area family membership plus selection of nature-themed books OR an Ontario Science Centre family pass, which includes the PRESTO fare to get you there, plus some cool books about science.
All you need to do is read!
Parents, do you have a child entering kindergarten this September? We still lots of have space in our Get Ready for Kindergarten program. We will sing, read, count, and play during story time and then explore fun and educational activities which will help prepare your child for their first day of school. Join us Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30am.
And wait…there is MORE!
Every Wednesday at 2pm something cool for kids is happening at the library:
- Comics and Secret Identities: Read comics, discover new characters and create a superhero. Wednesday, August 2nd 2pm Ages 4-12
- CSI Library: Use your powers of observation to solve a mystery. Presented by the Hamilton Children’s Museum. Wednesday, August 9th Ages 8-12
- Make and Create: Fuel your child’s creative side by exploring a variety of art materials. Supplies provided. Wednesday, August 16th Ages 4-8
- Imagination Stations: Explore Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts and Math with toys and activities. Wednesday, August 23rd ages 4-12
- Puppet Show: Wednesday, August 30th All ages.
Come and get crafty with us every Friday from 11am-2pm with our weekly Craft Cart (materials provided).
And on Saturdays, it is all fun and games with LEGO, Board Games, and Puzzles from 11am -3:30pm.
Just for teens: Interested in gardening? Concerned about food insecurity? Join Roots to Justice August 2nd at 11am for an interactive walk through the Barton library’s new gardens and explore issues facing your community. Ideal for ages 15-19.
Adult programs: Drop-in tech Help: Every Monday from 1-2pm
Just a reminder that all Hamilton Public Library locations are closed on Monday, August 7, 2023 for the Civic holiday.