We are excited to be welcoming our new Social Worker, Suzanne, to our library community. She will be at the Barton Library every Tuesday from 9-5 and Wednesday from 11-7. Join us October 17th at 11am where you can meet Suzanne, chat with others in the Barton community, and share in the refreshments provided.
Also, during the month of October drop by Mondays between 2-4pm to chat with folks from the Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre.
Programs at your Barton Library
Come explore Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math-based activities at the BARTON library STEAM Learning Lab. Drop by and play with robots, learn about the forces that allow planes to fly, and learn about the wildlife that lives with us in our city. Every Wednesday starting at 3pm, and ideal for ages 8-12 years.
October at the library means Hallowe’en Storytime and crafts. Wear your costume and join us for Hallowe’en songs and BOOks on Tuesday, October 31st from 10:30am to 11am.
And come back later in the day for a Hallowe’en themed Craft Cart from 3pm-5pm.
And wait…there is MORE!
- Craft Cart: Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm: We will provide the supplies—all you need to bring is your imagination and make a cool creation to take home. Supplies provided, ages 4-12
- Finished your craft? Stretch your brain in a different way and try out Math Quest. Tuesdays from 3pm-6pm. Complete 10 math activities (supporting the Ontario Curriculum) and get your name on HPL’s Math Wall of Fame.
- Family Storytime: Bring the whole family to storytime. Discover stories, rhymes, music, finger plays and flannel boards at this interactive program. Wednesdays at 10:30am, Ideal for ages 0-4.
- Saturdays are library days! We are all fun and games with Board Games and Puzzles from 11am -1pm and LEGOmania from 1-3:30pm.
Join our Drop-In Knitting and Crochet group, which meets Wednesdays from 1-2pm.
October’s Book Club book A Lesson Before Dying is an award winning novel by Ernest J. Gaines. Pick up your copy of the book and join in the conversation on Thursday, October 17th, from 2:00-3:00pm
Find your family’s roots. Did you know that your Hamilton Public Library provides you with access to Ancestry.com? Learn the basics of searching this fascinating database by examining census, vital immigration and military records from around the world. Thursday October 19th from 11am-12pm.
As always, we are here to help you with your burning tech questions. Bring your questions and devices to our Drop-in tech Help every Monday from 1-2pm
OR register for one of our Thursday morning introductory computer skills classes. No experience required:
- Basic Computer Skills 1—Device, Mouse and Keyboard: Oct 5th
- Basic Computer Skills 2— Keyboards and Drives: Oct 12t
Just a reminder that all Hamilton Public Library locations are closed on Monday, October 9th for Thanksgiving.